Welcome to the first in a series of tutorials we will be posting, showing you how you can make greetings cards for yourself at home. All the cards we make can be made by just about anyone who is interested in card making and crafting in general. You will need a few materials but you won’t need any special skills or experience.
As with all of our tutorials, if you fancy doing something a little different then feel free to experiment and add your own creative style to the project.
This tutorial will show you how to make your very own Spellbinders butterfly greetings card.
In order to make this beautiful card you will need to obtain the following items (if you can’t get the exact items you can use your creative flair and substitute them with suitable alternatives):
- Spellbinders Scallop Edge Die
- Spellbinders Decorative Edger
- Spellbinders M-Boss Folder
- Spellbinders Labels 10
- Marianne Designs Butterfly Number 1
- Keepsake Stardust Gems
- A4 Contrasting card
- A4 White card
- Glitter card
- Foam tape
- Low tack tape
- Double Sided Tape
- Sentiment stamp
And this is how you make it
- Firstly take the piece of A4 white card and fold it in half so you end up with an A5 sized card
- Next, emboss a piece of the contrasting card using the Spellbinders M-Boss folder
- Attach the Spellbinders Scallop edge die on the long edge of the embossed card with low tack tape and then add the Spellbinders decorative edger to sit inside the scallop edge. Now also attach this with low tack tape.
- Put this through your die cutting machine to cut out
- Make up the sandwich to put through again to emboss
- Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 on the opposite side
- Attach this panel to your base card
- Add a strip of the Keepsake Stardust Gems to the centre of the card
- Die cut the butterfly in glitter card and attach with foam tape to the right-hand side of your card
- Use a circular image of your choice and mount this onto mirror card and attach with foam tape to the left-hand side of your card.
- Die cut the small label from the Spellbinders Labels 10.
- Use your sentiment stamp on the die cut label. Ink the edges to co-ordinate with your card.
- Stick on 2 gems either side to look like brads then attach to your card with foam tape.
That’s it, all done. You now have a beautiful Spellbinders butterfly card.